MSC has launched a new direct China-North Europe sea connection. Cargo ships from the Chinese port of Qingdao will arrive at the ports of Antwerp, Gdynia, Gdansk, and Klaipeda.
MSC China-North Europe sea route
The new connection cuts down sea shipping time from China to North Europe by 30%. The transit time of the Qingdao-Klaipeda indirect connection is 66 days, and the new Swan service takes 46 days. The ship changes direction in Klaipeda and sails to China, calling at King Abdullah Port in Saudi Arabia and the port of Singapore on the way.
The new Swan connection is one of the fastest shipping services between China, the Benelux, and the Baltic countries. It is also the first direct call to Klaipeda from Asia.
The service will run once a week. The first departure on the route is planned for June 11. The first ship will arrive at:
- the port of Antwerp on July 19,
- the port of Gdynia on July 24,
- the port of Gdansk (Baltic Hub) on July 25,
- the port of Klaipeda on July 27.
The full rotation of the Swan service: Qingdao – Ningbo – Yantian – Tanjung Pelepas – Antwerp – Gdynia– Gdansk – Klaipeda – King Abdullah Port – Singapore – Qingdao.
MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) is a Swiss-Italian shipowner. The company was founded in Naples in 1970 and became the largest shipping company in the world. The MSC fleet consists of over 730 ships with a total capacity of 4.6 million TEU, serving over 500 ports around the world. MSC ships 24 million TEUs annually. The company owns the world’s largest container ships with a capacity of over 24,300 TEU.
Pros and cons of sea shipping
Maritime transportation is the most popular method of shipping goods across the globe.
Advantages of sea shipping
- low freight rates
- large capacity
- green solution compared to rail and air shipping
- good for shipping various cargo, like bulk, out-of-gauge, dangerous goods
Disadvantages of sea shipping
- the slowest mode of international shipping
- inflexible in terms of routes
- additional port fees and taxes
- contract of carriage to the port of load and from the port of discharge needed
- weather delays and accidents
Do you want to ship your goods via sea, air, or rail? Get a quote for your shipment for free on ShipHub.co. Fill in the form, send the request, and choose one of many offers from reliable freight forwarders.