China and Greece have been maintaining political relations for 50 years. With half a decade of mutual investments and close cooperation in various fields, Greece is a part of the China-Central and Eastern European Countries Cooperation and Belt and Road Initiative. The top exports from China to Greece are computers, semiconductors, and passenger and cargo ships. During the last 25 years, the exports between those two countries increased to 12%. Today, we will look into shipping from China to Greece.
Shipping from China to Greece – modes of transport
Sea freight from China to Greece
As the most common way of shipping, sea transport is the most profitable and cheapest. As the main goods exported from China to Greece are heavy cargo, sea freight would be the best transport option. There are two modes of container shipping, FCL (Full Container Load) or LCL (Less Container Load) method. FCL method means that only one exporter/importer books a container. LCL mode means that one container is shared between several people, so it takes longer to ship.
How long does sea shipping from China to Greece take?
Ocean freight from China to Greece should take around 35 to 40 days.
Major cargo ports in China:
- Port of Shanghai
- Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan
- Port of Guangzhou
- Port of Qingdao
- Port of Tianjin
Major cargo ports in Greece:
- Port of Piraeus
- Port of Thessaloniki
- Port of Patras
- Port of Ermoupoli
Air freight from China to Greece
As there is no direct rail link between China and Greece, air transport is the second possible option for shipping goods. Air shipping is most profitable for goods with a short expiry date or valuable ones like jewelry. It is also perfect for time-sensitive goods or urgent shipments.
How long does air freight from China to Greece take?
Although it is much more expensive than sea freight, your goods should get from China to Greece in around 10-15 days.
Major cargo airports in China:
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
- Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
Major cargo airports in Greece:
- Athens International Airport
- Heraklion International Nikos Kazantzakis Airport
- Diagoras Airport
- Thessaloniki Macedonia International Airport
Shipping from China to Greece – how much does it cost?
The prices for various methods of shipping can be radically different. Before making the final decision, you should check out a few forwarders and see their offers. You can easily get free quotes from reliable freight forwarders on ShipHub and choose the best one.
Shipping from China to Greece – summary
- China and Greece are close partners in many fields.
- The main goods exported from China to Greece are computers, semiconductors, and passenger and cargo ships.
- For shipping, you can choose either sea freight or air freight.
- You should consider choosing sea freight while transporting big volumes of heavy goods and air freight for relatively light cargo or when you want the shortest transit time.
- Get in touch with reliable freight forwarders on ShipHub.