The United Arab Emirates has a strong trade relationship with China. In 2020, China’s imports from the United Arab Emirates reached the value of $19.2B. The most important products that the UAE exported were crude petroleum ($8.6B) and broadcasting equipment ($2.4B).
Shipping from the UAE to China
Ocean freight from the UAE to China
Ocean freight is the way to go when we want to export goods at a low cost. It is certainly the option that most importers pick. The downsides of ocean freight are the long delivery time and safety issues. On the other side, when choosing ocean freight, we do not have to worry about the limited quantity of the product we want to ship because we can put the goods into big containers. If the shipment time is not urgent, ocean freight is recommended.
Main cargo ports in the United Arab Emirates:
- Port Khalifa
- Mina Zayed
- Musaffah Port
- Port Jebel Ali
- Mina Rashid
- Port of Fujairah
Main cargo ports in China:
- Port of Shanghai
- Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan
- Port of Guangzhou
- Port of Qingdao
- Port of Tianjin
Air freight from the UAE to China
Another means of transport from the United Arab States available is airfreight. It is much faster than ocean freight, so it is perfect for emergency shipments. Additionally, when shipping by air freight, it is possible to keep the goods in more fitting conditions, for example, when we ship expensive or frozen products. However, airfreight is undoubtedly the most expensive way to ship the product. In addition to price, we also have to keep in mind space limitations on a cargo airplane.
Main airports in the United Arab Emirates:
- Dubai International Airport
- Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Sharjah International Airport
- Ras Al Khaimah Airport
- Al-Ain International Airport
Main airports in China:
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
- Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
Shipping from the United Arab Emirates to China – Costs
When estimating prices for your shipping, it is helpful to consider using websites like ShipHub. On this platform, you can get in touch with freight forwarders, who, on the other hand, can reach out back to importers with their estimated offers, so you can always pick the best option and conditions.
See examples below to get to know how to fill out the forms on ShipHub:
Shipping from the United Arab Emirates to China
- In 2020, United Arab Emirates exported goods valued at $19.2B to China.
- The top UAE imported product to China is crude petroleum ($8.6B).
- When considering means of transport for our goods from UAE to China, there are two options – ocean freight and airfreight.
- Ocean and air freight are completely different modes of transportation covering distinctive requirements.
- The easiest way to find a quote on the shipment is using websites like ShipHub, which can help you get in touch with multiple freight forwarders.