The EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) between Vietnam and the European Union officially came into effect on August 1, 2020. Under this agreement, Vietnam and EU countries use preferential tariffs on a wide range of goods. According to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade, Vietnam’s exports to Germany amounted to US$7.29 billion in 2021. This article discusses shipping from Vietnam to Germany.
Shipping from Vietnam to Germany
Goods exported from Vietnam to Germany are mainly:
- Electrical and electronic equipment
- Machinery and nuclear reactors
- Coffee, tea, and spices
As demonstrated, Vietnam exports a broad range of products.
Sea shipping from Vietnam to Germany
Sea freight is the most used mean of transport in international trade. Its popularity is mainly due to its relatively low price and convenience. It is a perfect option for those who want to ship containerized cargo. However, you must keep in mind that while sea freight is the cheapest available method, it is also the slowest one.
If you decide on sea freight, you can choose between:
- FCL (Full Container Load) is most often chosen to ship larger loads
- LCL (Less Container Load), which stands for sharing one container with other shippers.
How long does it take to ship goods from Vietnam to Germany by sea?
It usually takes about one month to ship goods from Vietnam to Germany.
Leading cargo seaports in Vietnam
- Da Nang Cargo Terminal
- Ba Ngol Seaport
- Saigon Port Cruise Terminal
- Cam Pha Port
Leading cargo seaports in Germany
- Port of Hamburg
- Port of Bremerhaven
- Port of Bremen
Air shipping from Vietnam to Germany
Urgent shipments, as certain types of food that need to be fresh or high-value goods like technological products, are usually shipped by air cargo. It is a faster and more secure way of transportation.
How long does air freight from Vietnam to Germany take?
For a door-to-door operation, the transit time is about 6 to 8 days depending on the time of the week and the period. An express shipment takes about 4 days. These two methods will, in any case, be faster than a shipment via sea.
Main cargo airports in Vietnam
- Tan Son Nhat Airport
- Noi Bai International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
Main cargo airports in Germany
- Frankfurt am Main Airport
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport
- Munich Airport
- Düsseldorf Airport
How much does shipping from Vietnam to Germany cost?
Determining international shipping costs can be a complex task. However, you can simplify the process using Shiphub.co, where you can obtain a completely free quote and get a trustworthy freight forwarder who will assist you in shipping your goods. All you need to do is fill out a form like shown below.
Shipping from Vietnam to Germany – a summary
- EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) transformed economic relations between Vietnam and Germany.
- Due to the long distance between Vietnam and Germany, the available means of transport are air and ship freight.
- On Shiphub.co, you can get quotes from reliable forwarders for free.