Every importer realizes the importance of efficiently transporting their goods. It is very important to know the whole process so that nothing surprises us during transport. A significant simplification is the existence of specialist forwarding companies on the market, which take over the obligation related to transport. Below we will describe how the process of transport of goods looks like.
The transport implementation process – what is it?
The transport process consists in delivering or picking up the load on place or from the destination indicated by the customer. What is more, the process consists of several stages. Directly interested customers place orders, or a specific transport company is looking for clients by presenting their offer to them. Logistics specialists and controllers also supervise the organization of the logistics process and its practical course. Each order is individual.
The transport implementation process – choosing a forwarding company
After agreeing on specific delivery terms or the time when goods are ready for shipment with our contractor, we should select a forwarding agent who will help in the organization of the entire process. The importer as the person ordering also submits to the transport company the necessary information about the goods (type, weight, cubic volume, contact details about the exporter). Then the forwarder presents the so-called booking – reports the goods for transport and by this activates the shipowner’s agent at the port of loading with a due to contact with the exporter and confirmation of arrangements between contractors.
The exporter receives the so-called routing order confirming the organization of transport by the selected shipowner and his agent. The correct completion of this stage is loading the goods on the ship.
The process of transport implementation – stages
- Forwarding consulting is carried out by Main Logistics (Transport Specialist). Their task is to collect and process the information on the company’s transport capacity and transport capacity of other external transport companies available on the so-called “Transport exchanges” and various discussion forums, the results of these analyses are presented in the form of the current offer and information about the current prices.
- The transport company conducts a conversation with a potential client due to knowing his needs and expectations. Each company should present the entire cost estimate to the customer so that he can reflect on the offer. If all customer responds – then a contract is concluded. (Agreement, transport order/forwarding order/departure order/route, bill of lading).
- Subsequently, the transport company, based on the data received from the customer, develops the entire transport schedule (time and place of loading/collection) of the goods. The guidelines are presented in the form of order specifications consistent with the consignment note. Concrete specialists from a transport company also watch over the entire loading/unloading and transporting process. It captures possible shortcomings and introduces improvements. After receiving specific information, the load is prepared for transport.
- The manufacturer packages the goods in the factory and passes it on to the carrier which transports the goods to the port. There, the products are packed in containers and then transferred to the ship.
- After reaching the destination, the goods pass customs clearance, during which all documents are verified.
- Then the goods are unloaded and transported to the warehouse, and then to the addressee.
- In the end, we can settle and close the transaction.