The Netherlands is an important Turkey trade partner. It is said that the export value from Turkey to the Netherlands reached around $6.8B, which makes up 3% of Turkey’s total exports. The main goods that are shipped from Turkey to the Netherlands are machines ($1.25B), metals ($1.18B), and chemical products ($975M). Read about solutions for shipping from Turkey to the Netherlands.
Shipping from Turkey to the Netherlands – means of transport
Ocean freight from Turkey to the Netherlands
Ocean freight is the most common way of transporting goods between foreign countries separated by sea or ocean. It is the cheapest and allows importers to be more flexible regarding cargo size. However, it is important to keep in mind that it is also the form of transport that takes the longest. The arrival time is estimated and depends on the number of ports the ship must stop by on the way to its final destination. Because of that, it is the best choice when shipping goods with a long expiry date and do not need to be in specific conditions. It is also a less safe option, so it needs a second thought before choosing ocean freight for shipping valuable goods.
Main cargo ports in Turkey:
- Port of Haydarpaşa
- Port of Izmir
- Port of Eregli
- Port of Ambarli
- Port of Gemlik
Main cargo ports in the Netherlands:
- Port of Alkmaar
- Port of Amsterdam
- Port of Breskens
- Port of Den Helder
- Port of Dordrecht
Airfreight from Turkey to the Netherlands
Airfreight is certainly much faster and safer than ocean freight. Many choose it when shipping goods of high value and small size since the cargo airplane has limited space, so importers need to be more conscious of this when picking air freight as a form of transportation for the products. The transit time is short since the cargo aircraft goes straight to its destination, making it more expensive. Also, it is a good option when shipping goods that have to be kept in specific temperatures, for example, in a freezer.
Main airports in Turkey:
- Istanbul Airport
- Antalya Airport
- Istanbul Sabiha Gökcen Airport
- Ankara Esenboga Airport
- Adana Airport
Main airports in the Netherlands:
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport
- Eindhoven Airport
- Maastricht Aachen Airport
- Eelde Airport
Shipping from Turkey to the Netherlands – freight rates
When it comes to pricing the entire shipping process, the quickest way is to request a quote on a freight marketplace website that gathers many freight forwarders, and the importer can get the offers directly in one place. Shiphub is such a platform. When starting with Shiphub, all you have to do is to fill in the form on the main page. See examples below and request a quote for shipping for free!
- The value of total exports from Turkey to the Netherlands is around $6.8B.
- There are two ways of shipping goods from Turkey to the Netherlands – ocean freight and airfreight.
- Ocean freight is much cheaper than air freight, however, it takes much longer for the goods to arrive at the final destination.
- Airfreight is a good choice for urgent shipments. It is a direct form of transportation; however, the quantities of goods are limited.
- Get free quotes from freight forwarders for shipping from Turkey to the Netherlands on Shiphub.co.