Shipping from Asia to Europe is one of the main trade corridors in the world. In this article, you will learn about air and sea shipping from Indonesia to Switzerland.
The Indonesia-Switzerland flow of goods
Goods exported from Indonesia to Switzerland are mainly:
- Precious Metal Scraps
- Leather Footwear
Switzerland is the biggest gold exporter in the world. Gold is coming there in unrefined form and leaving in all its glittering purity. It is no surprise that the second most imported things from Switzerland to Indonesia are precious metal watches. It is almost 7% of total exports to Indonesia.
How to ship from Indonesia to Switzerland?
Shipping from Indonesia to Switzerland – sea freight
Sea transport is used the most in worldwide international trade. Sea freight transit time from Asia to Europe is typically several weeks.
- The capital city of Indonesia, Jakarta, is the industry and cultural center in the Southeast Asia region. It is also home to the biggest cargo seaport in this area. The Port of Jakarta is an Indonesian port that can handle 45 million tons of cargo annually.
- The second biggest port in Indonesia is the Port of Belawan. This is the most crucial seaport located outside Jawa. The port is responsible for the export of coffee, palm oil, and tea, year by year, handling over 12 million tons of cargo.
- The Port of Dumai is the 3rd most significant port in Indonesia. It handles 7 million tons of freight annually. It is also an important port for the Indonesian Navy.
Switzerland has no seaports. You can ship from Indonesia to Switzerland via other European countries’ seaports and extensively developed logistics centers. It is a multimodal type of transport linking sea freight with rail or road freight. It is easy to export from the Port of Jakarta to the Port of Genoa or the Port of Rotterdam. It is a straight way to Switzerland by rail or road freight from these ports.
Shipping from Indonesia to Switzerland – air freight
Air freight is the best type of transport for importers who want to have their cargo transported in a couple of days. It is also the best way to transport goods with a short expiration date.
Soekarno–Hatta International Airport is the biggest cargo airport situated in Indonesia. It is located less than 25 km from the capital city. Juanda International Airport and Ngurah Rai International Airport play significant roles in trade flow in Indonesia.
Zurich Airport is the biggest airport in Switzerland by passenger traffic (over 22 million). It is also the biggest cargo airport. It handles more than 422,153 tons of cargo annually. Right after is Geneva Airport, with more than 70,000 tons of cargo year by year.
Documents needed for importing from Indonesia to Switzerland
To have your cargo delivered without any delays or unwanted stressful situations, we advise you to prepare obligatory documents for importing to Switzerland in advance.
- Commercial Invoice
- Certificate of Origin
- Packing List
- Bill of Lading for sea and air freight
- Other certificates and documents
How much does shipping from Indonesia to Switzerland cost?
It takes work to estimate the shipping cost on your own. It all depends on the type of goods you want to transport and the type of transport. Shipping by air freight is much faster than the multimodal way but is also much more expensive. It is easy to make mistakes due to many aspects you must consider while pricing your transport. To avoid unnecessary mistakes, we recommend you use ShipHub.co. Our free platform will help you to get the best transport offers from our trustworthy and verified freight forwarders for free.